Thursday, December 3, 2009

December already!

Woah! Can you even believe it's December already?? Don't forget to go see Nat perform at the Indianapolis International Airport on the 5th at 2pm!  If you want to see more about it, visit the airports' website http://www.indianapolisairport.com/ . 

Well, we just got back from a great trip to Kansas where we celebrated Thanksgiving with the family and our Grandma's 75th birthday! Super time! Of course, we played music too at Calvary Bible Church in Bonnor Springs...Grandpa's church and the church our dad grew up in :)  It brought back bitter sweet memories singing "In the Garden", our late Grandma's favorite song.  I remember singing that song with the whole family when I was about 8 years old at that very same church...time passes so fast. 

It was such a great trip!  Grandpa told us some new stories that we hadn't heard about his time serving in WWII as a Navy Seabee.  He showed us his old uniforms and I tried his blues on! They fit pretty good haha :) He was my age when he joined. 

Of course we ate lots of turkey, too.  Oh and since I'm an avid shopper, I got up at 5am on Black Friday and hit the stores! Fun, fun :) Somehow, I couldn't get Nat (who dislikes shopping) excited about going with me!! Overall, it was a great trip and we had a fun time sharing our music in yet another state :D  God bless ya'll and we hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too :)

Kat Grimes

P.S. Go see Nat on the 5th!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment